from Pride Walking Tour
Take the most comprehensive tour in New York City that narrates the history of the Stonewall Uprising and the rise of our modern day LGBTQ Pride Movement.
This tour starts in Christopher Park and stops at The Stonewall Inn and all the sites of LGBTQ historical significance. All while your tour guide narrates the account of the history of our LGBTQ community before the uprising, the account of The Stonewall Uprising, the history of the immediate aftermath, and the rise of Pride! A portion of all of the proceeds of this tour is donated to Heritage of Pride and the IGLTA Foundation.
Your tour guide will also be on hand throughout the tour to assist you in taking photos. You will meet your tour guide at Christopher Park. Your tour guide will narrate the overview of LGBTQ history in the USA and New York City leading up to the Stonewall Uprising.
At The Stonewall Inn, Your tour guide will narrate the account of the early morning hours of June 28th 1969 at The Stonewall Inn/Greenwich Village and the immediate days that followed, the account of The Stonewall Uprising.
At the original site of the Oscar Wilde Memorial Bookshop. Your tour guide will narrate the history of the shop, it's founder Craig Rodwell, and Craig's role and the roles of the activities that he was a part of, that bridged The Stonewall Uprising to our modern day LGBTQ Pride Movement.
At the Gay Street sign and the new Acceptance Matters signs, your tour guide will narrate the history of these signs.
At the site of the first Pride March, your tour guide will narrate the story of the first Pride March and the history of Pride Marches since. Your tour guide will also narrate the history of the Rainbow Flag, at this location.
At Julius Bar, your tour guide will narrate the account of the first Sip In.
At Fedora Bar, your tour guide will narrate the LGBTQ history of Fedora Bar and the modern day efforts to preserve LGBTQ history in Greenwich Village.
At Marie's Crisis, your tour guide will narrate the history of Marie's Crisis, along with the changes in the LGBTQ movement as it goes mainstream and the grassroots LGBTQ sub-movements that are currently being born as a result.
At the Gay Liberation Monument, Your tour guide will narrate the history of LGBTQ rights and politics in the USA since the Stonewall Uprising. And your guide will also narrate the history of the Gay Liberation Monument.
• See all the sites where our LGBTQ Pride movement was born and organized.
• Get a comprehensive overview of LGBTQ history in the USA and in New York City leading up to The Stonewall Uprising.
• Learn the history of The Stonewall Inn.
• Get a detailed account of the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn, The Uprising, and the immediate days that followed.
• Learn the accounts of the demonstrations where members of our LGBTQ community bravely stood up and planted the seeds that grew into the most definitive human rights movement of our time.
• Celebrate pride with us as we honor the stories of the people who made LGBTQ Pride what it is!