Enjoy a fascinating and scenic walking tour of NYC’s iconic Brooklyn Bridge and vibrant DUMBO area (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). Connecting Long Island and Manhattan since 1883, the Brooklyn Bridge has become a globally recognized symbol of New York.
On your private half-day walking tour, you will:
- Begin your tour in Manhattan, near City Hall Park, which leads onto the famous Brooklyn Bridge.
- Walk across the iconic Brooklyn Bridge into Brooklyn, while your guide tells you the bridge’s unique history.
- Enjoy spectacular views of New York’s skyline and waterfront.
- Step off the bridge into DUMBO - an acronym for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass.
- Enjoy a fascinating walking tour of this previously neglected area that has enjoyed investment and rejuvenation in recent years, becoming one of NYC’s trendiest areas.
- Capture the iconic photograph of the Brooklyn Bridge through the brick buildings.
- Explore the artsy and vibrant area of DUMBO, famous for its cobblestone streets and warehouses converted into trendy galleries, restaurants, and theatre spaces.
- See Jane’s Carousel built in 1922, a 48-horse merry-go-round and a famous landmark.
- Wander through pretty Main Street Park with its nautical theme and gorgeous views of the Manhattan skyline and Brooklyn Bridge.
- See the famous Clock Tower now a set of upmarket apartments - the Clock Tower penthouse sold for $15 million.
- Finish your tour at the trendy Time Out Market, filled with eateries and bars, where your guide will help you get your bearings and point out the best of the local food offering.
Enjoy a scenic walking tour over Brooklyn Bridge, and explore the trendy area of Dumbo with its quaint cobblestone streets and former warehouse buildings converted into galleries, boutiques, cafes, restaurants and theatre spaces. Enjoy incredible views, historic landmarks and a thriving foodie scene.
Begin your tour in the heart of Manhattan and enjoy a truly spectacular stroll across the iconic Brooklyn Bridge with its breathtaking views over New York Harbor and that world-famous skyline of Manhattan’s skyscrapers.
Your expert private guide will tell you the fascinating history of the bridge and give you ample time to photograph Manhattan, Brooklyn, and New York Harbor.
You will hear about the origins of the ferry and travel across the East River, learn about the politics behind the building of the bridge, the complications around its construction, as well as the stories of designers and immigrant builders who made the project happen.
From the promenade, you will walk down to the ferry landing area and explore a small part of DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). Formerly a manufacturing and industrial district, the area suffered from economic decline and eventually fell into disrepair.
Fortunately, due to a renewed appreciation for the architecture of the area and sizable investment, the once-vacant factory lofts have now become very attractive destinations for artists and creatives alike.
DUMBO has been transformed into a lively Brooklyn neighborhood, boasting many art galleries and high-end boutiques, pizzerias, a scenic waterfront and characterful cobblestone streets lined with historical architecture.
Your tour finishes at the Time Out Market, where you can enjoy some of the best of Brooklyn’s food scene.
- A friendly, professional English-speaking tour guide for your own private group
- Plenty of time to take photos of your favorite places
- Food and drink
- Hotel pick up and drop off